How To Set Up a Broadcast in MailChimp
Email marketing is now an integral part of any online marketing campaign. Sending emails, newsletters and business announcements to your potential customers or readers through an email is a great way to increase audience engagement and bringing more traffic to your website. One of the best online software that facilitates you in broadcasting emails to your subscribers is MailChimp.
MailChimp offers plenty of useful features to both bloggers and online businesses to stay in touch with their readers and customers. It allows users to create your own publishing platform by designing email newsletters, integrates with your other online services, easy to share on social media sites and helps you in tracking results of your email campaign.
Above all, it offers a very powerful first course plan that is absolutely free. This means, if your business is new, you can start with MailChimp for free. Once you need to include more features for your growing customer base, purchase any of the suitable MailChimp upgrade plans.
MailChimp Email Broadcast
When many email service providers and ISPs do not allow users to send unlimited number of emails to their subscribers, MailChimp email broadcast provides you with an alternate to send as many emails to as many subscribers you want by just one click. It is an approved bulk mailer with greater deliverability.
It not only send your emails to your subscribers, but it makes sure that the email is not marked as spam and provides senders with a report if any email bounced back. With other email service providers, you never know if your recipient ever read your email or it goes straight to trash. With MailChimp, you can check the analytics and number of recipients who actually read your emails.
Setting up a Broadcast in MailChimp
- Login to your MailChimp account by entering your username and password.
- Go to Create Campaign > Regular Campaign.
- Click on “Create A List” and provide name of the newly created list for future reference. For example, “New Customers”.
- To setup a broadcast to newly created list, you need to set up an AutoResponder on MailChimp.
- Go to AutoResponder > Add Autoresponder.
- The new dialogue box will appear. You can choose any of the email list you have created or a new one you just created by clicking on the “Send to which list?” button.
- A new dialogue box will appear that will ask you about the number of emails you want to send, days and after how many days you want to send emails. Provide appropriate details according to your requirements.
- Save the settings by giving it a name. For example, “Broadcast Email” and click “Save”.
- Once you are done with setting up an AutoResponder, you can now write an email and click on the AutoResponder i.e. in our example, “Broadcast Email”.
- You can select the option “Send to entire list” to send your email to the original list i.e. in our example, “New Customers”.
- Click “Next”, choose a template in next window and click “Save & Exit”.
MailChimp will now broadcast email to your desired list according to the time and parameters provided in your Autoresponder settings.